Summary of position: The Noble County Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking a Tourism Asset Coordinator to foster and expand programs to connect, empower and provide resources to Noble County tourism assets. He or she reports to the executive director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes relationships with county partners to ensure that Noble County is “Visitor Ready”
- Provides management, leadership and technical assistance for existing programs related to microbusinesses, heritage and cultural sites, and heritage roads, trails and corridors.
- Update and maintain the bureau’s online presence (website and social media) in cooperation with the Executive Director
- Identifies and coordinates resources for community development projects and programs, such as Main Street certification, grant applications, and quality-of-life initiatives.
- Represents the tourism bureau at community meetings and events to engage tourism partners, elected officials, and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director
Education requirements: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience in tourism or marketing.
- Project management skills including meeting deadlines, creating materials, determining program steps and maintaining progress
- Ability to work with people of diverse roles and ethnicities and various organizations
- Excellent oral, written and social media communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office or graphic design programs is helpful
Send cover letter and resume to: Noble County Convention & Visitors Bureau, P.O. Box 325, Rome City, IN 46784 or electronically to email@example.com .